Friday 4 April 2008

Red feathers........

I have been so busy over the last couple of days that I have hardly picked up my stitching, I do hope I will get a little time over the weekend.

You may remember this lovely little chickadee I stitched in January. I made him into an ornament but I had nothing in the right red to trim him with. My mum said tinsel would be a nice idea, but as you dont see tinsel very much these days, even at chistmas its not as common as it was but I did rather like the idea. Well a friend and I decided we would have a walk through the park and visit our local market yesterday and I saw a delightful red fluffy trim, so last night with 5 mins to spare I finished him off. What do you think of my little fellow now?



I am thrilled with the results, though I am afraid he has had to go away until christmas time.













21 comments:

Stitchabilities said...

It is a shame it has to go away till christmas,The feathers set it off beautifully!!

jane said...

Beautiful and original finishing idea Helen, I like it a lot.

Christine said...

Helen he is just gorgeous!

Dawn T. said...

He is beautiful!! I love it:)

Mary said...

The trim added the perfect finish. I'd be tempted to keep him out a while. I always keep an ornament or two around my desk to enjoy all through the year.

Sally said...

He is adorable Helen!

Julie said...

Perfect trim, i have some of that in my stash box, the fluff gets everywhere LOL

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Shame he has to go away until Christmas, I'd be tempted to keep him out all year round.

Tracy Dixon said...

Cute Chickadee Helen I love these designs, I love the way you've finished him off

Sue said...

What an adorable ornament. Great job ;)

Andrea said...

He's wonderful!!

Clare said...

What a cutie! And as it is snowing today - very appropriate. A lovely finish Helen.

stitcherw said...

What a doll, he looks adorable with his red fluffy trim, very cute. What a shame it is such a time till Christmas, I think I'd have to keep him out anyway he's so cute.

Your Papillon SAL piece in your earlier post looked beautiful, the colors in that are lovely.
Sue

Marita said...

Thank you for coming to visit my blog and leaving comments. Love the little birdie. Such a great finishing idea.

Cheryl said...

Perfect finishing for this little chickadee!

Clare-Aimetu said...

I love him - he's is so cute - beautiful work Helen

Dani - tkdchick said...

Ooooh! That is so fun and funky!!!

Anonymous said...

This is the cutest ornament I have seen in a long time! Just love it!
Erica

Karan said...

Oh Helen, it suits him perfectly - fantastic finish! :0)
Can I send you mine to do? LMAO

Carla said...

Looks great with that trim!!!

Felicity said...

This birdie is such a cutie. I'm so glad the mojo is back